Saturday, July 23, 2005

not in Agra yet

well i must have eaten something nasty again because i've been sick and in my hotel room for the last 24 hours. i have nothing left inside of me. i can't even drink water without running to the toilet.
i missed my train to Agra this morning but i don't care. i'd rather rest and catch it in a few days.

i went back to the train station this morning to book another train to Agra. then i went in search of a Citi bank ATM. one of the few banks that will accept my TD bank card. i wondered around forever following random people's directions. finally i agreed to letting a cycle rickshaw driver take me there. what an awful experience. the ride was so bumpy and death defying. in my current state i had to concentrate on not barfing. turns out i could have easily walked there. he neglected to mention that he can't bike in the area i was going to so i had to walk the rest of the way. he also demanded 120 rupees. 100 rupees more than what i had agreed to. i ended up giving him 30 went to the bank and walked back.

i think i am offically being stalked. on my way back from the bank, some indian boy asked if i remembered him. this is a common question which i say no to. then he said he was from Jaipur and friends with Ali, the obsessed rickshaw driver i had! that's when i picked up the pace and started freaking out. i don't think he followed me down the road so hopefully he doesn't know where i am staying. i plan on buying more water, some food and crashing in my hotel room this afternoon/evening.

tomorrow, if i am feeling better, i will take a city tour.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home