Sunday, July 17, 2005

spending time in the fort city

at cry's request, i am writing another blog poste since she says i don't write often enough.

yesterday when i got back to my guest house after my oil massage the showers where out of water. i had to try to wipe off oil with kleenex before going to bed. it was pretty gross.
today i spent the day in Jaisalmer checking out the palaces and havelis. i didn't believe the hotel guy when he said it would only take a few hours to see all the major attractions. i've seen almost all the major things there are to see here today. i'll have to find something to do tomorrow since my train doesn't leave until 3:30pm for Jaipur. i think i'll sleep in and get some henna painting done on my hand and arm. find one more haveli and there is also some lake here somewhere. i doubt its much of a lake since htis is the desert.

i met a Hungarian girl this morning, we saw some temples together and then we made plans to meet up for dinner too. it was nice to have company for a meal for a change. I also ran into one of the camel guides while i was wandering in town. i made him come to a restaurant with me and offered to buy him lunch but he said he wasn't hungry. look how desperate i am. i force people to come to restaurants with me!
i bought some stupid jingly bell anklettes today because i thought it would stop these women from pestering me to buy some. it did not work. they seem to think i will buy more now. i've learnt my lesson. i also got invited to their house but i was a little worried about going alone so i said i would if my friend could come and that i had to talk to her first. i don't think they understood what i was saying and i felt bad for not showing up later. if there had been another tourist to come with me i would have gone but alone i don't feel so comfortable.

1 Comments:

Blogger CC :D said...

what is a haveli?

Monday, 18 July, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home