Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Jaipur

Yesterday i arrived in Jaipur after a very long train ride that i spent with 4 french boys. they were staying at my hotel in Jaisalmer and were headed to Dehli on the same train as me. it made the time pass by much quicker. turns out they spent a lot less for their camel trek then i did but had a 3 day trip! i mine was 2! their food was also decent. grr.

i got to Jaipur yesterday and decided i'd like to do one of those rickshaw tours. my rickshaw driver took me all over the town. it was so exhausting. of course he threw in some stores that i had to visit in the hopes i'd buy something and he'd get a commission. i did end up buying an overpriced ring from a jewellery store. it's really nice. the man that sold it to me was born in victoria and his family moved back to india when he was three. wierd coincidence. he does gem healing which i know nothing about. he had talked to me for about 2 minutes and then started telling me about myself. it was really freaky how much he knew. it was sort of like having your fortune told. i almost got sucked into buying a healing gem to wear. but since i'm skeptical and don't trust anyone in india i didn't. later that evening my rickshaw driver insisted i go to some resort performance thingy with him. i had said i was way too tired. in the end i went and it was a freakin date!! here i was thinking i'd finally found someone from india that didn't want something from me. today i've had to spend the day avoiding him and his dweeby friends. they seem to be everywhere and always find me. even now as i'm on the computer, the rickshaw guy is waiting for me outside. he nows everyone on this street so if i go somewhere they tell him where and when i left. i get no peace in this country! the men here are so annoying.

this afternoon i'm getting out of this town and going to Dehli. i doubt i'll like Dehli since it's huge and crowded but it'll be nice to be annonymous for a change. then i'll head to Agra to see the Taj Mahal. then maybe Goa. haven't decided yet. i'm looking forward to going to Switzerland where people won't try to sell me something or rip me off every few seconds.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home