Tuesday, January 03, 2006

under control!

Now that I've been teaching for a few days I'm far more laid back about things. The first 2 days I was totally stressing out. Now that another teacher arrived to take over half my class I only have 13 kids and it's perfect. I have too many boys but it's ok. 10 boys and 3 girls.

I'm not sure if the new teacher will be staying though. He never got his work visa before leaving Canada. He came here on a tourist visa since he'd already bought his flight himself. He didn't know he couldn't get a visa. Turns out he can't get a work visa because he was convicted of possessing drugs (marjuana years ago or so he claims) so Korea doesn't want him teaching kids. He'll probably get kicked out of here soon. We are supposed to be showing our passports and visas to the administration today so that they can arrange our pay. If he leaves I totally don't want his class to come back and join mine. They were all a year older and much larger. The classes don't mesh that well. They are also more advanced. I was also madness.

Yesterday and today Sean and I joined the classes up together anyways and took them outside to play games. We had my class vs his class yesterday and his big kids beat up mine. I had two kids crying. Today we divided up teams better. No more BJ2 vs. BJ4.

I'm starting to enjoy this teacher thing. It's kinda cool. Little asian kids are so cute. Korea is also really interesting. The kids picked themselves interesting English names. I have 3 "Jack's" in my class. A Walter, Arnold, Mildred, Sally....

Last night I went out with 3 other teachers for drinks. We ordered a pitcher of Lemon Soju. I've finally tried Soju. It was really good but so lethal. It tasted like lemonade. We couldn't even finish it. I was feeling it after a couple of really small glasses. The whole thing costed $10. $2.50 each. Drinks are really cheap here.

I will take a picture of my class soon and post it up here. Friday we are going to Everland. There is a snow park and a pool, Caribean land etc. It's going to be fun

1 Comments:

Blogger CC :D said...

Jack.. it's because they've just gotten 24 over there. i'm not kidding. my sil chose her name after a famous Tomb Raider character.

Friday, 06 January, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home